What should I take to a first meeting with my lawyer?

You will probably need to bring some form of identification as solicitors are required to check that you are who you say you are. 
Good forms of identification are;

  • Driving licence photocard, full or provisional
  • Passport, any current and valid passport.
  • Biometric residence permit (UK)
  • Birth certificate
  • Adoption certificate
Proof of address may also be needed. You should try to have current (within the past three months) versions of one or two of these;
  • Bank or building society statement
  • Credit card statement
  • Council tax statement

You should also take with you any documents that you have relating to the accident such as accident reports, investigation reports, photographs of the scene of the accident etc. If you haven't got a hard copy of any of these, then having a digital version (Jpeg files of photographs are best) or being prepared to email them across would be good.

Don't worry if you haven't got any documents relating to the accident; your solicitor will be able to tell you what documents would be needed to make a claim, but the general rule would be that if you think the document might be useful you should take it rather than say to your solicitor that you have a document which proves something about your case but you have  left it at home.

If you, or anyone you know has a personal injury claim or is looking to make a will, then feel free to get in touch. Telephone 0151 282 1111, email peter@knealesolicitor.co.uk or drop in to our office at 1 Prescot Road, Fairfield, Liverpool L7 0LA.  The kettle is always on!


Popular posts from this blog

How much will my claim cost me?

Time Limits for accident claims

I'm so disorganised, I don't know where my medical records would be. Can I still make a claim?